Monday, March 2, 2009

Week 32!!! Only 2 months to go!!!

Wow! We have been super busy the past 2 weeks! I went to the Dr. on February 16th and all was fine. My blood pressure was great and weight was on target (I was quite surprised because of my eating habits lately! :) OK, so I have been craving and eating fruit all the sudden, but I also have been eating cookies, cakes, cereal....all the really yummy stuff!!! :)
The crib has arrived!!! Here is a picture of Daddy putting it together...and Maggie testing it out...
Miss Mags gave her approval. :)


Mom found an amazing deal on a rocker/glider that is covered in soft corduroy fabric in a slight blue green (looks a little more green in the picture below)...she bought it for the nursery and it is incredibly comfortable!!!! It will really come in handy for those late night feedings!!! Thank you Mom!!!! This nursery will be so perfect because of all your hard work and everything you have given to us and to Michael! We love you!!! P.S. Mom is having Jana Lubert make the bedding and it should be ready later this week! I will post pictures of that as soon as it arrives. Can't wait to see it!


Lee's Dad was given the rocker below when he was a little boy by his Grandfather. He used it when he was little, then Lee rocked in it and now the Hassell's have passed it on to Michael. He is going to love rocking in it when he's big enough....
Little Michael is really starting to kick and move like crazy! He has already positioned himself with his head down, so the kicks are starting to get stronger and right into my ribs. Such a great feeling (haha)! I am starting to feel some of the symptoms of being pregnant, nothing so bad I can't handle it though. Just a little back pain and shortness of breath. I also noticed some slight swelling one day in my ankles- oh no!!! Luckily, so far, it only happens when I am on my feet for a long period of time, but once I put my feet up or lay down, the swelling goes down. The other thing I have had the hardest time with is one of the things that used to be one of the easiest things to do- putting on socks and shoes! I can't wait for spring and summer so I can just wear flip flops all the time! Actually, I have started wearing flip flops to work some. My sweet co-worker Laura said she doesn't mind :) She has been so helpful during the whole pregnancy process and has become such a good friend. Thank you Laura!!!!

So, again, little baby is going to be decked out! Our sweet friends Leslie and David were actually one of the first to send him a gift. It is a soft adorable onesie and sweet little booties...too cute! Thank you guys!!! Here they are-

Lee and I couldn't resist this cute little onesie when we went to Babies R Us to buy his mattress. He is going to be our little music lover-
Sweet Aunt Clare gave him this oh so precious day gown. I can just see him in it already...

Ya-Ya (Zan) gave him the outfits below...I think she wants him to be a little sailor this summer :)Here is the other one she gave him. The owls are so cute and I can't wait to see him in it! It is tiny baby corduroy-
Our next big adventure was to go to Isabella's Christening in Birmingham. She looked so pretty and did such a good job!!! We are so lucky to be her Godparents. I can't wait for Michael and Izzy B to play together. Here are some pics from her big day...


And Miss Priss had some fun celebrating!!!...
The other day, I went to eat lunch with Mom, and I had a surprise! There was a gift from my second cousin Nancy. It is a set of keepsake boxes that say "Baby's First Tooth", "Baby's First Curl", and "Baby's First Bracelet". They are going to be so cute on his bookshelves! Thank you Nonnie!!!

I went back to the Doctor on Monday and all was measuring right on target again. Doctor Lawhon helped me feel on my stomach where Michael's head is. It is so crazy to think that he is now about 3 1/2 to 4 lbs and we only have about 55 days to go! I am going to post my Feb picture here tonight! Check back to see how big we are getting!!!! :)

At this point, 32 weeks, http://www.i-am-pregnant.com/ says "Sleeping boy. the baby sleeps 90-95% of the day, and sometimes experiences REM sleep, an indication of dreaming. Your baby is probably head-down and may occasionally stretch out and kick you in the ribs. The pressure on your rib cage can make you sore, especially if one of your baby's feet becomes caught." Wow are they right!!!!


So, most of you know we have had some crazy weather lately! I am going to close out this post with some pictures from this past Sunday's snowfall.


Enjoy! Love, Laura

Lee making a snowman...


Maggie was probably thinking..."Dad, what are you doing?!"





3 comments:

lesgaston said...

tons of fun updates - thank you laura. i love the snow pics....though lee should work on his snowman making skills!

Unknown said...

It may not be the best snowman, but it beats Michael's snow alien!

The Howell's said...

Hey Laura! I just found your blog!! The nursery is adorable, and so are you! Glad I have another blog to add, Michael will be here before you know it!!