Friday, March 27, 2009

MMMM!!!!

Oh my goodness! 3 days of ice cream in a row!



It all started on Wednesday of this week. My co-worker, Laura, decided to hit up Chick Fil A for lunch. Now usually, I can restrain myself and hold off, but not this time. I knew right away I had to have an Icedream. If I didn't have it right then, that would be all I could think about for hours and wouldn't get any work done, AND as soon as I got off work, I would head straight to the nearest Chick Fil A and ask for the largest icedream they make!!!



Oddly enough (from what I hear from friends, they craved it all the time) this was actually one of the first times this whole pregnancy that I craved ice cream. Before getting pregnant, I always thought I would have cravings for it, but I guess little Michael liked cookies better!



WELL- let me tell you...one taste of that icedream was heaven and I gobbled it up in no time.

So.... Thursday rolls around and I notice that Derk's Filet and Vine (awesome meat and three next to our shop) has a cooler chocked full of ice cream yummies! Snickers ice cream bars, Edey's pints, and the lucky winner - Ben & Jerry's!!!! Laura, Blair and I had eaten lunch there that day, so the girl behind the counter laughed when I walked back in about 20 minutes later for more food! She said "your back" with a smile and I just looked down and said "yeah, I've got to get some of your ice cream". It is weird that I feel almost a guilty feeling and don't want people to look at me buying all the fattening stuff! I should be buying apples (which they have located very close to the icecream cooler!) but instead, I am wanting the "good stuff". I waddled all the way into the store to the back, and the guys that work there had all the new fresh fruit and veggies stacked on top of the cooler. Now I felt even worse...I smiled and they new exactly what I wanted and started to move everything off the cooler while I stood there, very large and uncomfortable looking. Once I got my pint, I slowly waddled back to the girl behind the counter, paid, and ran out (all the while getting really excited about my purchase and the tastiness ahead of me). I got the Ben & Jerry's Chocolate Fudge Brownie flavor and it was to die for!!!!

That Thursday I had a few spoonfuls, not too bad. So, Friday is here and I thought about the pint in our fridge at work while I was getting ready. I knew it was waiting on me and I was in for a third day of ice cream!!!! I polished off that sucker after lunch!!! It was oh so good! Only 4 more weeks to eat like this, then its back to being good. :( Sad!

1 comment:

Allison & Michael Godwin said...

Love it!~ I enjoyed quite a bit of ice cream in my third trimester and I did not realize it was a craving at the time, but since I have only wanted it 1 or 2 times postpartum, it was obviously a craving. Enjoy it while you can...and please post a pregnant pic soon!